Tuesday 23 February 2016

Yankee Candle Additions | Scenterpiece


I love the electric warmer I already have from Yankee Candle. I've always had a thing for candles and home fragrance, but have never been allowed a naked flame in the house, so it's been a safe alternative that's allowed me to have another vast collection of the little things I love.

There aren't many electric warmers available, at least ones which I find aesthetically pleasing, so I was pleased to hear of Yankee Candle bringing out an entire range of them. The Scenterpiece Melt Cup Warmer which caught my eye was the Elizabeth one because of its incredibly simple design, but it wasn't available to buy in the UK for a while. This is no longer the case, though, and I bought mine from yankeecandle.co.uk last week for £24.99. The only thing I don't like about it is the texture. It's rough, so I can see it being difficult to clean, should it get marked.

From the beginning, I knew I'd buy one Melt Cup and reuse the container for other wax, despite the brand advising not to so they can make more money. The scent I chose was Red Raspberry, which is a favourite of mine. These Melt Cups are a fair bit more expensive than your standard wax tart (£4.99 instead of £1.49). They are three times the weight, but seeing as I already have so many regular ones to use, it's not worth me buying more. I do like the idea of being able to quickly and easily change over scents, though.

The first thing I did when I received my parcel was tip out the Red Raspberry wax and replace it with a regular wax tart. It melted perfectly fine, and a couple minutes in the freezer had it popping out no problem.

To bring my order over £30 to qualify for free delivery, I added a Lemongrass & Ginger wax tart to my basket, which is one of the new 2016 scents. It's incredibly fresh and uplifting, and one I can already see myself buying again. I was also able to find a £5 off code, which was just the encouragement I needed to place the order!


Are you a fan of electric melt/wax/tart warmers, and of the Scenterpiece system in particular?

1 comment:

Design by | SweetElectric