Monday 11 January 2016

Flamingo Candles The Melt Crowd - January 2016


I like how this month's box has been stripped of colour, and there's only a pop of it within its contents. It's like a fresh start for the new year. The scents are what we're all interested in the most, though, and I can say that the majority of this selection smell great. There are three which I don't like (including one which I definitely won't be keeping), but we'll get on to those as we go through them.

Strawberry Jam | It smells like the name suggests, which is similar to The Body Shop's strawberry range, if you're familiar with that. I really like it, and I don't have many strawberry scented melts in my collection, so that's a bonus.

Coconut | Again, it smells like you'd imagine, and I love it. I'm not a fan of the texture of coconut, but love the smell and taste. It's especially nice in the form of Malibu...

Baby Powder | This is the first one I'm not keen on. I know loads of people find it comforting, but I find it to be quite heavy. I think I'll like it in small doses, though, so I'm planning on breaking this into at least four pieces.

Crystal Mountain Water | I don't know how to describe this, other than to say it's fresh. It's just good!

Pink Denim | I had no idea how this would smell, but was pleasantly surprised. If your clothes were washed in a really nice softener, this is how they would smell.

Whiskey | I don't like this one. It's heavy and musky, and I can see it giving me a headache.

B.A.R.E Orange & Lemongrass | My favourite from the box. It's so fresh and fruity! Lemongrass is one of my favourite scents, so I was bound to like it.

B.A.R.E Cinnamon & Mandarin | On the other end of the spectrum, this is my least favourite from the box. I'm not a big fan of cinnamon anyway, but the mandarin takes the warmth of it and turns it bitter. It's so strong as well. I walked in my sister's room holding it, and I had to take it out because it was making her feel sick.


If you're signed up to Flamingo Candles' The Melt Crowd, what was your favourite scent from this month? And if you're not, what's your favourite scent in general?

P.S. The Melt Crowd subscription box is just £10 a month. You can read more about it here.

2 comments:

  1. Ou I didn't know Flamingo did these now! I have some yankee ones which I use everyday! Lol to the malibu, I just realised there's a bottle in my latest pic on my blog! haha XD uni days! xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric