Monday 5 October 2015

Flamingo Candles The Melt Crowd - October 2015


Another month, another box of wax melts! £2 from this box goes to The Pink Ribbon Foundation, a charity which helps those affected by breast cancer. 

For me, this box is like August's, in the sense that I'm a little disappointed. Half the scents aren't my cup of tea. I'll go through them with you.

Pink Ribbon | This is my favourite. It's described as having a rich, cranberry accord dominated by top notes of sweet cranberry blended with prune juice, complimented by a fruity floral heart of summer strawberry, sun ripened raspberry and citrus orange with sweet honey and rose notes. On dry down the base is woody and powdery with notes of cedarwood and vanilla with a hint of raspberry.

Pomegranate & White Fig | Another favourite. When I was playing the guessing game, I knew I liked it because of its subtle, sweet, and slightly floral scent. I'd say it's in the same family as Rose & Marshmallow because of the delicate notes.

Cranberry, Orange & Cinnamon | I like this one. You can smell the cranberry and orange more than the cinnamon, but that's why I like it.

Bubblegum | I didn't guess this scent, but as soon as I read what it was, it was obvious. I like it, but it's not a scent I've ever truly loved.

Nutmeg & Ginger (The Melt Crowd exclusive) | Warm, slightly fruity. This one won't be at the top of my 'to melt' list, but I don't hate it!

Thunderstorm | I've read that a lot of people are loving this. I'm not sure. It's very masculine. My sister said 'eww, it smells like rain and mud', so at least it smells true to its name?

Golden Woodlands | This one's warm and masculine, with some green notes thrown in. It doesn't repulse me, but like the two above, it's not blowing me away. I may burn it after my current one, though, for a change. It may smell nicer when it fills a room.

Applecurrant Crumble | This one is the big disappointment, and one I'm so surprised about because I love everything about crumble. It has this smell which many artificially warm dessert scents tend to have. I can't describe it, but I don't like it. It smells better when you wave it in front of your nose, so it could smell better when melted, but I can't see my opinion of it changing that much.



Flamingo Candles The Melt Crowd is just £10 a month. Everything you need to know about the subscription can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun box to receive! One of my friends was saying just yesterday that she'd really like a candle or fragrance subscription, so I'll pass this along :)

    Misia xx
    gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do want to try this, they all sounds like they smell incredible, and the names seem apt!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric