Monday 7 September 2015

Flamingo Candles The Melt Crowd - September 2015


When this month's box arrived, I pulled out and smelt each one without looking at the names. Sometimes, I find the names can cloud my judgement, so I enjoyed doing it this way. I prefer September's box to August's, and like the variety of scents.

Earl Grey Tea & Cucumber | This one is green, fresh, and unisex. I'm usually a fan of sweet, fruity scents, but this one is surprisingly nice.

White Lilac & Rhubarb | A slightly sweet floral. The rhubarb prevents it from smelling too 'grannyish', and although it's not my favourite, I still like it enough to burn.

Circus Candy Floss | Probably my favourite this month. It's sherbety, and I love those scents.

Grapefruit, Orange & Lemon Peel (The Melt Crowd exclusive) | From the name, you'd think this was citrus overload, but when I blindly smelt it, I thought it was combined with a flower. It made sense when I read 'peel', as it has a green twist.

Lemon & Lime Mojito | Now this is citrus. I love lime scents, so it was bound to be a winner!

Creme Brulee (The Melt Crowd Exclusive) | I thought this was a sweet smelling detergent at first, but when you waft it in front of your nose, the creme brulee notes are more prominent. It's unique, and one I can see myself loving.

Rose & Marshmallow | A light, sweet floral. I love this one.

Jamaican Cafe & Walnut | This one is unlike any melt I've had before, and although I'm not usually a fan of warm scents like this, I don't hate it. It's probably my least favourite out of all of them, but still one I'm happy to burn.


I also received a little package of scent eggs, containing chocolate, vanilla, and coffee scented mini melts. The idea is that, together, they create a cafe mocha scent. I don't like the chocolate and coffee ones individually, but they do come together well.

The Melt Crowd is just £10 a month, and you receive a free wax burner with your first box. You can find out more about it here.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you can go wrong with a candle subscription box, I'm so curious about the Rose & Marshmallow one though!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your post, it was very helpful to me.
    Thank you for share the post.
    click to read more

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric