Tuesday 4 August 2015

Flamingo Candles The Melt Crowd | August 2015


Look what arrived on my doorstep yesterday! It's the Flamingo Candles August Box of The Melt Crowd. I'm going to put it out there and say I much preferred July's box. It was lighter, fruitier. So, what do you get in this month's box? I'm going to go through each scent. Some of them have descriptions, which are in italics, but some don't, so bear with me!

Pomegranate CiderEnergetic and fresh Pomegranate Cider is a fruity, pomegranate fragrance with further fruity hints of raspberries, juicy strawberries, ripe peach and nuances of vanilla. I love this one! It reminds me of some kind of ice lolly or sweet I had when I was younger.

Ginger & Lime | I can't find this one online, but thankfully it smells just like the name suggests. It's very fresh and zingy. I'm a fan of anything with lime in.

Strawberries & ChampagneRich and sweet Strawberries ‘n’ Champagne is a blend of fruity strawberry juice with green top notes and a sweet, malty, champagne base. You can smell the berry notes in there, mixed with the sparkling champagne. I like this one, but it's not one I'd want to repurchase straight away.

Fresh Cotton (The Melt Crowd Exclusive) | This smells like every other fresh cotton wax melt. I like it, but it's nothing new.

Kir RoyaleSweet and spritzy, Kir Royale is a fruity creme de cassis fragrance, lavished with notes of sparkling wine. I'm glad this one has a description because I wouldn't have been able to describe it to you. It's deeper and warmer than I prefer, but I'll still burn it.

Green ApplesFresh and zesty, Green Apples is the ultimate feel-good scent. Inspired by the Granny Smith apple it blends leafy green accords with citrus notes of lemon, mandarin, apple and melon. A fruity delight! This doesn't smell fresh and zesty to me. It's heavier, like a load of apples have been left in the sun for a couple days. Again, it's warmer than I prefer.

Dahlia (The Melt Crowd Exclusive) | I'm not a fan of this one. It's a heavy floral, which is not my cup of tea at all. It could be nice in small chunks, though.

Circus Doughnuts (The Melt Crowd Preview) | I've saved the weirdest one until last. I appreciate trying a scent before it's released, and I'm intrigued to see the rest of the collection, but it's not really working for me. It does smell like doughnuts, cinnamon doughnuts maybe, and I love eating them, but I prefer to fill my home with fresher scents. Again, it's the warmth which ruins it for me. Just a personal preference.


Although I've yet to burn any of these, last month's smelt the same when melted as they did in their wrappers, so I can see these being the same. This month has been very hit and miss for me, but that's the subscription box game. I'm still looking forward to next month's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric