Saturday 11 July 2015

New Favourites


Stila Convertible Colour in Hibiscus | £16
I'd had my eye on the Convertible Colours for a while, but didn't want to pay £16 for one, especially because I was so happy with my NYX ones. Then Stila reduced a couple of the colours on their website to £8 with free delivery, and because I prefer warmer shades over bubblegum pinks, I chose Hibiscus. It's an orangey red, and one of the reasons why I've come to love it is because it's nothing like the other shades in my collection. The red shades I have tend to be of the raspberry variety, which I love during the winter. I didn't have a summery red, though, so this has filled that slot. I wasn't expecting it to be as pigmented as it is either. The NYX ones are the most pigmented cream blushes I own, but that's partly because they're so creamy. This is more firm and waxier, but still has incredible colour pay off. The finish is light and fresh, too. Petunia is next on my to buy list.

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Pads | £12.99
I've just reviewed these (which you can read here), so I won't go into too much detail. Like the face mask in the same range, they leave the surface of my skin feeling smooth, and appear to minimise the appearance of my pores. The solution they're soaked in is also distributed evenly through the tub, so every pad has plenty of product on.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Soft Brown | £15
I've also reviewed this recently (here). The colour is a great match for my eyebrows, and once you get used to how pigmented it is, you can create a really natural look. Unlike powder, there's no fall out, and it's going to last a long while. I'm just hoping it doesn't dry out too much!

Bourjois Bronzing Primer | £9.99
You can find my full review of this here. Although it's quite orange in the pot, it blends out so easily, leaving a sunkissed glow. Cream bronzers are hard to find, especially matte ones, so I'm glad I found this. I'd love it if they brought out a cooler shade, though; it'd look more natural under my jaw line when I attempt to contour!

Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush | £11.50 on its own (the silver version)
This is the brush I've been using the most from the Rose Golden collection, and I've been using it with my foundation. I prefer it to my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and I think that's because it's not as stumpy, so is easier to use around my nose. It's still dense and super soft, but slightly more flexible. It's also prettier, let's be honest!

2 comments:

  1. I only recently bought the Dipbrow Pomade too and LOVE it - can't believe how well it holds up in the heat, and my brows even stay put at the gym! Also heard such good things about Nip & Fab lately, I need to invest.

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a coincidence! Yesterday I dug out some beauty products in my stash and loved both the bronzing primer and blusher from Stila. Great picks!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric