Friday 12 June 2015

Lifestyle Favourites


I've done many favourites posts over the years, but don't recall ever doing a lifestyle one before. I'm looking forward to talking about products which aren't beauty related!

I love plants, and up until last week, my windowsill was filled with all kinds (mostly cacti) in brightly coloured pots. I fancied a more minimal, clean look, though, so started looking out for some succulents. The garden centres I went to were a let down, not having many to offer, and the ones available being quite expensive. I then went to Wilkinson, and to my delight, saw a shelf filled with assorted succulents for £2 each. £2! I bought four, including the two above. I was going to show you them in the copper pots I ordered off eBay, but the seller messed up and I won't be getting those until the end of the month.

I also bought the Life's a Peach handled mason jar from Wilkinson for £2, along with the glass jug for £1.25. It's only 1L, but that's still about four glasses worth, so I can't complain for the price. I bought it because I've been enjoying iced tea recently, which leads me on to my next favourites.

The Lidl Knightsbridge Raspberry & Peach Tea is the one I've been liking the most. I think it's 89p for 40 tea bags, and I like it more than my Twinings ones. To bring the iced into iced tea, I've been loving my Primark re-usable ice cubes. They're in the shapes of raspberries, strawberries, lemons/limes, and another fruit (possibly apples or peaches). They keep your drink cool without watering it down, and they were only £1. I also have some old ones from Poundland, but these are prettier.

I used to love Pringles, but not so much in recent years. I'd heard people talking about the new Tortilla Chips range, though, so thought I'd try the Sour Cream ones. All I can say is, they're addictive. I ate two tubes over the course of a few days, and that was me being restrained. I'm going to need to stock up while they're on offer.

I've had my Yankee Candle Electric Tart Warmer for a while now, but it's still one of my favourite things. I'm not allowed to have naked flames in the house, but love home fragrance products, so this is the perfect alternative. I'm currently melting Marshmallow Blends' Blackberry Jam, which is delicious.

I recently upgraded my phone, which seems to eat at the battery life a lot quicker than my old one. I asked on Twitter which portable chargers were the best, and people replied with various ones from the brand Anker. I decided to go with the Astro E1 5200mAh for £9.99 on Amazon (now £11.99). Although it only has enough power to charge a phone two full times, that's all I need, and it's compact. So far, I've managed to charge my phone 50-100%, 40-100%, and 30-100%, with a bar of power still left. I'm hoping it continues to be this effective, but if it isn't, I'll update you.

I used to use a Ped Egg for the hard skin on my feet, but no longer like it because it's so harsh. It basically grates your foot, and if you catch some soft skin, you'll know about it. The Micro Pedi was on offer at Lloyd's, and my sister had discount on top, so I couldn't refuse. I've been really impressed so far. It's effective, yet gentle. I've heard that the files don't last too long, so I bought a pack of four generic ones from eBay for around £10, and they've been working a treat.

My Kindle Paperwhite is another product I've had since the start of the year, but I really do love it. More so recently, where I've been reading at lunch and before bed every day. I've been particularly enjoying the Belle series by Lesley Pearse, so think I'm going to download some of her other books.


I'd love to know your current lifestyle favourites - it'll make a refreshing change! 

4 comments:

  1. I love Wilkinson, didn't know they did plants though, I'll have to check them out :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those teabags too! I keep mine at work and usually end up having 3 or 4 a day. I haven't tried them cold yet, but do keep meaning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh those plants are really cute, I didn't know they sold them at Wilkinson!

    Hollie // hollieinwanderlust.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric