Monday 6 April 2015

Origins Masks


These Origins masks were first brought to my attention because of their price. The Mask Marvels Gift Set was on offer on the Boots website for £20, instead of £50. Then I looked up ratings and reviews, and they were so positive, I decided to go ahead and order them. I unintentionally placed these in order of preference -

Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin
When skin is too-slick skin or when more pressing problems start to pop up, it's Origins to the rescue to keep skin out of trouble. Nature's trouble-shooters, including super-absorbent Zinc Oxide and Sulfur, calming Camphor plus skin-sloughing Salicylic Acid, rapidly respond to problem skin's plight with a three-part plan - sop up oily-shine, slough off sticky, dead cells, and sweep away irksome debris. Together they steer skin clear of slippery situations, refine rough texture and pull the plug on troublemakers to oust potential outbursts.

This one is an opaque, white cream with a typical clean scent. Although it's my least favourite of the three, it's not a bad mask. It leaves my skin feeling really cleansed and fresh. I just feel like it can be replaced with some of my other masks and cleansing products, which happen to be cheaper.

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores
When environmental pollutants, dirt and debris get under your skin, its waste-filtering system gets jammed, pores get clogged, skin looks cloudy. Nature's complexion clean-up crew gets to the bottom of skins overcast condition and clears the way for it to act its best. Activated Charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out pore-cloggers, White China Clay absorbs environmental pollutants, Lecithin dissolves impurities. Without all that "stuff" down there, skin "breathes a sigh of relief.".

It doesn't smell of much, but it's black and my face is hard to move when it dries, which I strangely love. My pores are clearer and smaller after using this, but many blackheads still remain. I don't mind this, though, because nothing has been able to get rid of them yet. I really like this mask, but I think Nip + Fab's Glycolic Instant Fix Mask does a slightly better job at refining my pores.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask to Quench Skin's Thirst
Skin depends on water for its youthful functioning. But all day long, skin loses vital moisture. And the busier you are, the more it loses. This intense moisture replacement mask with Avocado Oil and Apricot Kernel Oil deeply and instantly quenches compromised moisture reserves and builds a reservoir for tomorrow. Japanese Seaweed repairs skin's barrier to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature ageing.

I've saved the best for last. First of all, it smells amazing; very fresh and fruity (mostly peachy). This is because it contains a handful of flower and fruit waters, oils, and extracts. Its performance is also impressive. It's like the Blistex Intensive Moisturiser for your face, in the sense that it doesn't just moisturise the top layer of skin. It seems to go further than that, making your skin feel very plump in the morning. Normally, after moisturising before bed, I wake up to the surface of my skin being oily. When I wipe this away, my skin doesn't feel particularly mositurised any more. This is different. I don't have any oil waiting for me in the morning, and when I wash my face, my skin still feels moisturised and plump. At £23/100ml, it's not cheap, but you can buy 50ml tubes for £12, which doesn't seem as bad (in my head, at least). Many face masks are only 50ml anyway, so 100ml will last a long time, especially if you're only using this mask a couple times a week.


What do you think of these masks? And is there a mask I just have to try next?

1 comment:

  1. I nearly bought this when it was on offer! I love the sound of the Drink Up Mask, I love how it sounds like it's fully moisturising your skin!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric