Friday 15 November 2013

Triple Chocolate Cookies


My Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cranberry and Raisin Oatmeal Cookies both had fruit in, and were nice alternatives to my usual Chocolate Chip Cookie Slabs. But the heart wants what the heart wants, and it drew me back. Back to the chocolate chips, and back even further. Let me introduce you to these Triple Chocolate Cookies. They are chocolate cookies with milk and white chocolate chips. I was going to add some chocolate chunks in there, too, but thought these were going to be chocolately enough!

With this recipe, I managed to make 33 cookies. I read recipes with double the ingredients saying they'd make from 14-24! Mine aren't particularly small, either. You wouldn't want them too big, though, because they are sweet.

You'll need:
  • 200g brown sugar
  • 125g butter
  • 1 egg
  • 175g self raising flour
  • 40g cocoa powder 
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • 100g milk chocolate chips
  • 100g white chocolate chips

1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
2. Line your baking trays with baking paper.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Combine the egg.
5. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. The baking powder makes the cookies fluffier, so if you'd prefer chewier ones, leave it out. I've made them both ways and love them equally!
6. Add in the chocolate chips, but make sure to leave some of the white ones.
7. Spoon walnut sized balls onto your baking trays, making sure you leave a couple of inches between each one.
8. Add the remaining white chocolate chips to the tops of each one. I also added some sprinkles and 'chocolate bean' decorations to some.
9. Bake in the oven for around 12 minutes, but make sure to check on them every few minutes.
10. Finally, take out the oven, leave to harden for a few minutes, and then transfer to wire cooling racks.

As you can probably tell, I love cookies. I much prefer them to cupcakes because they're not as filling, and they keep for a lot longer. I want to try making different flavours next, such as chocolate orange or walnut ones. Are you a fan of these sweet treats? If so, what's your favourite type?

3 comments:

Design by | SweetElectric