Thursday 31 October 2013

Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies


I wasn't going to blog about these, so the better looking ones have all been eaten! These are the ones left over. 

I ended up making around 30 cookies with this recipe.

What you'll need:
  • 125g butter, softened
  • 125g light brown sugar
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1tsp vanilla extract (or 1/2 tsp vanilla paste)
  • 225g self-raising flour
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 100g white chocolate chips
  • 50-100g raspberries

1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
2. Line your baking trays with baking paper.
3. Cream together the butter and sugars.
4. Combine the egg and vanilla.
5. Sift in the flour and salt, and then fold.
6. Add the chocolate chips and a handful or two of raspberries. It depends on how many you personally want. 
7. When the raspberries break as you mix them in, the juice will make your dough wetter, so add some more flour.
8. I found that my second batch rose more because I left the dough to sit for about 20 minutes, so if you want them fluffier, leave the mixture like I did.
9. Spoon walnut sized balls onto your baking trays, making sure you leave a good couple inches between each one.
10. If you want, you can then add a raspberry to the middle of each one. This can be quite sour when you get to the middle, and the juice from it makes the cookie softer, so you don't have to do this.
11. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, but make sure you check them every few minutes or so. I remember the original recipe I used said to bake for 7 minutes, but mine are never near done at this time.
12. Finally, take out the oven, leave to harden for a few minutes, and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.


The raspberries do make these cookies more moist than others (I hate the word 'moist', but that's the only way I can describe them!), but they taste delicious. I'm going to adapt this recipe and make cranberry and raisin oatmeal cookies next!

3 comments:

  1. I love raspberries, so this sounds oh so tempting to me! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh these looks amazing!! Raspberry and white choc cookies from Subway are my fave things ever so I'm def going to be trying this out and making my own!! Thanks for this recipe x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made raspberry and white choc cookies recently and they went down a treat! I was actually going to blog about them soon too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric