Saturday 20 July 2013

Summer Makeup Routine - Reviews and Swatches


The weather has clearly had an effect on my makeup choices, and without realising, I've changed my taupes and berries for bronzes and peaches! So, here's what I've been wearing over the last month or so:


I've been starting off using my MUA Cover & Conceal Concealer in Fair. I've actually been using this for about 6 months, and for £1.50, think it's pretty good! It has a light to medium coverage, and a dewy finish.

I've then been using my Look Beauty Mattify Me Powder to control any shine. I'm not fussy when it comes to powders; this is just the one I'm using up at the moment!

For brows, I use my trusty ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium. In the Winter, I use the wax because it's darker, but in the Summer, I use the powder, which is lighter and warmer in tone.

To add some definition to my lower lash line, I've been using Maybelline's Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze. When it's colder, I tend to gravitate towards taupes and dark browns, but I've been loving this for the warmer months. 

Rimmel's Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Nude is what I've been using on my waterline. This just brightens and makes my eyes appear bigger.

Then, I've been using my new favourite mascara - Maybelline's Rocket. I love every Maybelline mascara I've tried, and this is no exception. It does everything a mascara should without clumping a single bit. Great stuff.


I've used the flash for this photo so you can see the shades better! I like to change up my blush a little, and these are the three I've been using the most recently. 

NYX's Cream Blush in Natural is an all time favourite, whatever the weather. 

Dainty Doll's Powder Blush in You Are My Sunshine is a peachy pink with fine gold shimmer running through it (super pretty), 

and MUA's Lolly Powder Blush has been my go to orange blusher. 

Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in Juicy Peach, Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach, Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Fuchsia-ristic, MUA Power Pout in Justify, Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Coral Tonic, Collection (2000) Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Cream in Fairy Cake, and Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom.

Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in Juicy Peach, Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach, Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Fuchsia-ristic, MUA Power Pout in Justify, Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Coral Tonic, Collection (2000) Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Cream in Fairy Cake, and Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom.

As you can see, I change my lip products up a lot more frequently! And you can also see I'm going through a peach/coral phase. How pretty are they all? I'm going to have some individual posts on a few of these because they deserve some attention!



So, that's the makeup I'm currently wearing. I have swatches of the blushes, Colour Tattoo, and Scandaleyes eyeliner on my blog already, so just search for them in the search bar to your left :)

10 comments:

  1. Loving all of the lip products x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Lovemall the lip colours, I have gone crazy for lipsticks recently!

    Www.bethmayblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post I'm define going to look for that Dainty Doll blush!

    Jodie x
    www.retrococktail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products!

    sparkleousbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all the lip products! I've spotted a few that I must pick up!BLOG SALE!

    Anita @ ATA|AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colour of the MUA blusher, it's so perfect for summer! I also love all the lipsticks you've chosen.. I'm obsessed with peach and coral too at the moment, I keep gravitating towards them :)
    zara
    x

    lavieenrose-xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Soap and Glory Gloss stick and the Bourjois Lip Crayon are my favourites. Fabulous swatches there :D
    Amy xx
    -A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  8. The NYX and Dainty Doll blushes are gorgeous and the Bourjois Lip Crayon! Love this post.

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bars! they smell sooooooo good~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the elf eyebrow kit and I really want one of them tony moly gloss bars! :) love this post, so many great items featured :) xxxfrecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric