Friday 26 July 2013

Empties #002


Why I chose to number these with three digits, I do not know. I'm unlikely to even get to 10! I'm always unsure whether to post about my empties because on one hand: It's useful to see what products I actually use and love, but on the other: I think the products I use are boring, and it's obvious that I like them if I've used them up!

The first product I remembered to save for this post was the TRESemme Naturals Smooth Shampoo. I've bought this countless times because it just works for my hair! Repurchase? Already have!

Superdrug's Raspberry & Macadamia Nut Conditioner - I added this to my online basket on a whim because it was like 99p, and I'm glad I did. It smells so good! It's sweet, almost sherbet-y. I also like that it has a pump. In terms of conditioning, it worked well, too. Very impressed. Repurchase? Yes.

Superdrug's Coconut & Sweet Almond Intensive Conditioner - I bought this the same time as the raspberry one because it was 2 for £1.49. I've used this before and loved it. It smells amazing, and leaves my hair feeling really soft. Repurchase? Yes!

Aussie's Miracle Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner - Another bottle down! Again, it smells amazing and leaves my hair soft. See? I told you my empties are boring! Repurchase? Already have :)

Liz Earle's Gentle Face Exfoliator - I was sent this some time last year, and actually finished it ages ago, but saved it for this post. It exfoliated quite well, and left my skin feeling soft because it's based in a cream similar to the Hot Cloth Cleanser. I wouldn't repurchase it, though, because it's more expensive than what I'd like to pay for an exfoliator, and I now use exfoliating gloves, sugar, or a flannel to rid me of dry skin (will do a post on this at some point).

Cutex Nourishing Nail Polish Remover - I've talked about this before, and still feel the same! It's my favourite nail polish remover, ever. It removes my polish well, and smells good for a remover. It may make my nails stronger and whiter, but I don't know for certain. Repurchase? Already have.

Lush's Ocean Salt Facial Scrub - I really liked this. Some say it's too rough, but I didn't think it was at all! I just had to close my mouth when rinsing it off because of the salt - Yuk! If I didn't use exfoliating gloves, sugar, and flannels to exfoliate, then I would repurchase this.

Superdrug's Colour Effects Conditioning Colour in Mahogany - I wrote a review on the Rich Red shade of this a few years ago (just search for it in the search bar to your left), and decided to use them again. This time I went for Mahogany, and I think I prefer it. It's still red, but it's much darker. It leaves my auburn locks with more intense red tones, which really come to life in the sun. Even with my long, thick hair, I got 3-4 uses out of this, and each use lasted around a week. Don't leave it on for 5 minutes like the bottle suggests, though. I leave mine on for 30 minutes, or 15 in the shower. Repurchase? Already have, but True Chestnut this time.



I hope that was of any use to you! My next empties post will probably be in a couple of months - I find it so hard to use things up! But a few products are already running out, so maybe I'll be posting sooner than expected. Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I love to read empties posts or watch videos so keep on writing them!

    For some reason my Asda has stopped selling the cutex nail polish remover and I'm stuck using their own brand which isn't as good. Going to have to hunt it down :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the coconut conditioner as I love the smell of coconut and need to revive my hair! :) xxx

    Taylor Lou-xo | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the raspberry conditoner stashed away, so i am very much looking forward to using it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I think I've got an empties post going up possibly tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. True - is easier to buy new product than to finish one:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the mini reviews of the Superdrug stuff - I've always wondered about the amazing sounding stuff in the black packaging!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get a little conditioning colour I used to use them all the time when I was blonde, but now my natural hair is almost all the way grown through and I have dodgey blonde ends and I promised myself I wouldn't dye my hair again! Thanks for reminding me about them lol!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric