Friday 12 July 2013

Ciaté Nail Polishes


On the 30th June, Ciaté were offering 50% off their nail polishes, and there was a 30% off and free delivery code floating around, too. This made each polish around £3.15 instead of £9, so I couldn't resist! I hadn't actually heard anything about it until I saw a tweet from the brand in the afternoon. I soon let my Twitter followers know, though, because I know a lot of them are polish addicts like myself! I know there was the whole Ciaté vs. blogger caviar trademark situation last year, but it didn't involve me or stop me from liking the shades they offer. So, from left to right, I chose Big Yellow Taxi, Pepperminty, Fun Fair, and Hoopla. I have so many more lilac and pink polishes compared to yellow and mint ones, so was surprised to find I don't actually have any dupes for Fun Fair or Hoopla. Fun Fair looks like your typical lavender in the photos, but it's more pink than my others. I swatched each shade earlier, and they all took 2 coats. I can see myself adding a 3rd if my application isn't the best, though. 

They took 10 days to dispatch, which isn't acceptable in my eyes. They told me it was because of the sale, which I can understand if there was a slight delay, but not 10 days long! Other popular brands/online shops manage to dispatch orders within, at most, 5 days when they have sales on. The Ciaté one was a one off sale, I'll give you that, but I still wasn't pleased. It arrived quickly once it had been dispatched, though. Probably because it wasn't with Royal Mail! I'm also glad they weren't carried with Royal Mail because my postman has the tendency to drop my packages through the porch window and onto the concrete floor.

I'm going to try and slow down on the nail polish buying front now because my collection is getting rather large! And I don't think I can even get rid of any because I love them all.


Did you take advantage of this sale?

10 comments:

  1. I think I should've ordered when you tweeted, oopsie! Pepperminty is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad that I missed this sale, I am a complete nail varnish addict, hubby has put me on a buying ban which i'm really struggling with at the minute! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo it's rubbish the wait time on them! I'm so sad I missed the sale, you got such a good deal, Pepperminty and Hoopla look right up my street!

    Chels <3 HumbleHonesty

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 days to dispatch, surely they should have expected an increase in orders during a sale? Not gone on Ciate as a brand tbh but the colours are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors and you got amazing deal on them!

    Sandra xx

    http://fashionandbeautydiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing colours, so gutted I missed out on that sale as I know I would have caved and picked out some to try :)

    Amy xx
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even hear about the sale, I'm so disappointed! I need to check if I follow you on twitter now :) lovely colours, I can't wait to see swatches of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that Ciate were offering 50% but I wish I'd known about the 30% off as well as I definitely would have taken advantage! I'm not personally a fan of yellow or mint green polishes but Funfair and Hoopla look really pretty x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric