Saturday 27 July 2013

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach



These new offerings from Bourjois are getting a lot of hype, aren't they? To be honest, I only picked up this shade because it's different to any shade I've seen on the lip crayon market. The other shades didn't stand out enough for me to justify buying another at the time. Out of the 12 lip crayons I have, Peach on the Beach is definitely the most unique, being a beautiful peachy pink. The formula is light, so it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything, but the crayon still packs a punch in terms of pigmentation. It's slightly different to my others, in the sense that the colour is quite milky. I think this is down to the actual shade, though. And the fact that these are labelled as a lipstick, rather than a balm, tint, gloss etc. As you can see, it's glossy, but not sticky, and is one of the more hydrating lip crayons I own. I'd say the shine lasts for about an hour, and the colour lasts for a further hour or two (without eating or drinking). I've heard people saying that these Colour Boosts last longer than the Revlon Balm Stains, but I don't think so. The Revlon ones stain my lips a lot more (with them being a stain and all!). At £7.99, they're the same price as Revlon's offering, and I have no regrets. I'm not sure if I'd buy the other shades, though, unless there was an irresistible offer! Saying that, Red Sunrise looks pretty...


Do you own any of the Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks?

8 comments:

  1. I love how this looks on your lips the fact that this lip crayon is not dry and looks so glossy on your lips is extra plus :)

    Sandra xx

    http://fashionandbeautydiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these yet, but this one looks really nice - I always worry about the crayons being drying, so it's good to see this one looking quite glossy and nourishing.


    Claire from Stylingo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty colour, I've not seen anything colour before either :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this colour and it really suits you too :)!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is so pretty! I'm yet to try any of these yet! May have to go shopping this week.

    Molly x
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really would like one of these but I can't help feel like I'm just jumping onto the hype if you know what I mean. I have so many lip products, can I justify one more? :P

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own the "sunrise red" and it is vety nice.
    I want to buy one more of this collection.
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric