Sunday 30 December 2012

Book Haul

Photobucket

Booooks! Can you imagine how excited I was when these arrived? I love opening the Amazon packaging and smelling a good book or two (or eight, in this case). Half of them are new, half of them are used. I prefer new books, but they can be expensive, so I settled with used Sophie Kinsella ones. They were all around £2, including P&P. I don't normally read books like the Sophie Kinsella ones (I normally read dystopian, action types), but I read Twenties Girl and really enjoyed it, so thought I'd buy some more. They're also loved by many, so it's highly likely that I'm going to enjoy them too. As you can see, I bought Twenties Girl even though I've already read it. The version I read was from the library and I wanted my own copy. That's another reason why I bought it used - I'd already read it.
The top four books are new. The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes was £3.99, The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern was £1.99 (Bargain! This was on offer. I think it's back to £3-4 now), The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern was £3.86 and A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen was £3.86. A Street Cat Named Bob is a real life story about a cat. You may be thinking 'whaaat?', and I agree, it's very different to anything I've read before, but that's why I bought it. I don't like to stick to one gender of book. I was sceptical about The Help by Kathryn Stockett because it was so different to anything I had read previously, but I ended up loving it. Also, A Street Cat Named Bob has loads of positive ratings and reviews, so it can't be all bad!

If you're a book worm like myself, stay tuned for my 'Favourite Books of 2012' post. The Help is included, as well as another 20 books! It's going to be a long one.
I'm currently reading The Fury, which is really good. I probably won't finish it in time for the post, but I'm sure I'll mention it in another post at some point. 
If you would like to stay up to date with the books I'm reading and lusting over, you can visit my profile and become friends with me on Goodreads. I seriously love that site. I think it's the best site I joined in 2012!

9 comments:

  1. Oooh I love this! I just finished Me Before You by JoJo Moyes, which was fab. Will def look out for the one you've got there too. Have read all of Sophie Kinsella's books, they are such lovely reads. Have you read anything my Marian Keyes? She is a similar writer to Kinsella and Moyes. I did my faves of 2012 the other day too! Do we have any in common (The Help is ticked off already - my favourite book this year!)

    http://www.blueoctoberblog.com/2012/12/must-reads.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sophie Kinsella books, but then I love a light hearted read at the end of the day. Can't wait to hear what you think of these xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A street cat named Bob sounds interesting...I'll have to have a little look at that I think! I absolutely love picking up a bunch of books at once...it's probably my favourite thing to haul ever! Can you keep a secret? was one of my favourite books when I was a bit younger, it was such a light read but good fun too. I highly recommend Divas Las Vegas by Belinda Jones (or anything else by her too) if you're looking for more light hearted stuff. Also HIGHLY recommend "All My Friends Are Superheroes" by Andrew Kaufman. It's less than 100 pages long but utterly utterly beautiful. Looking forward to your favourites post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read A Street Cat Named Bob, I've heard lots of good reviews about it! I'm currently reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.. If you've not read it already, I totally recommend it, it's by far the best book I've ever read!

    Leah x
    http://strawberrys-and-tea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love books by Cecelia Ahern and Sophie Kinsella. I do love reading but don't really get much time anymore, think I'll try to read more in the New Year though, I'm interested to know what you think of these books once you've read them :). Have you ever thought of doing a blogger book club, I think that's a cool idea :)
    E
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sophie Kinsella books. Remember me is a good read, I don't seem to have much time to read for pleasure anymore what with uni and work. I can't wait for summer for lazy days on the beach reading chick lit! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Undomestic Goddess is hilarious x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a nice reading list! I really want to read A Street cat named Bob :) I love cats and Bob seems to so fascinating :) How did You like The Night Circus? I was a little bit disappointed by it, well maybe disappointed is not the right word. I guess I just expected more magic in it :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric