Tuesday 11 September 2012

Affordable Alternatives to Designer Perfumes - Perfume Parlour


Last week, I read Kate's blog post and watched her video about the perfumes she ordered from Perfume Parlour. I had never heard of the company before then. Their website design is not great, so I was initially sceptical, but after reading a forum full of happy customers, I decided to order.

Perfume Parlour offers perfume sprays and oils with similar notes to designer ones, but at an affordable price. The 25ml sprays are £8 for one, £15 for 2 and £20 for 3. The perfume oils, which come in a roller ball bottle, come in a variety of sizes. I ordered the 3ml ones to try a couple of scents I'd never smelt before, and they were £2.25 each.

Okay, so firstly, I ordered Body, which is the dupe for Burberry Body. I've compared the two and can report that they are very similar. I like Burberry Body more, but I can't put my finger on why. However, for the price, I'm happy with this fragrance.

Next, I ordered Debate, which is the dupe for Marc Jacobs Daisy. I have a sample of Marc Jacobs Daisy and I really like it, but I don't like this. It's in the same family of scents, but Debate has a note in it which I really don't like. It takes the scent from being a fresh one to a heavy floral, 'old' one. I know Kate ordered this and likes it, saying it's very similar to the original, so it may just be my nose!

I then ordered a perfume oil of Sweet Lime Tart, which is the dupe for DKNY's Sweet Delicious Tart Key Lime. I haven't smelt the original, but I really like this. In fact, this is my favourite of the bunch. It smells like sweet lime, just as the name suggests!

Lastly, I ordered Sweet Meringue, which is the dupe of DKNY's Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue. I'm not too keen on this one either. I normally love sweet scents, so was expecting to like this, but it's overly sweet, bordering on sickly.

The perfume oils came in these little bags, which are cute.

Even though the perfume oils I bought are only 3ml, I can see them lasting a while (Especially Sweet Meringue, since I won't be using it haha).

P&P is £1.50 or free if you spend over £15.

Overall, I love the idea of Perfume Parlour, but the Debate scent did let me down and has me questioning how similar the rest of the scents are to their originals. 

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try this! It looks so handy for on the go like throwing in handbags! The bags are really lovely too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really interesting, I might check them out and get a few little 3ml ones to see how similar they are to the perfumes I want. I have such a long list right now but perfumes are so expensive! :(

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric